POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Alien desert--again : Alien desert--again Server Time
7 Aug 2024 15:15:31 EDT (-0400)
  Alien desert--again
From: Afishionado
Date: 7 Feb 2006 18:35:01
Message: <web.43e92d74109374333ef5a7570@news.povray.org>
Hello. :-)

First off, I'd like to thank the people who took the time to comment on my
first embarassment. :-P I needed that kick in the pants to get this far.
;-)

Issues so far...

1. I'm not happy with the textures on the cupola-thing. I was aiming for a
sort of leathery look for the "waistband". I tried for a sort of
alien-looking wood on the various structures (really just a crummy wood
texture with lots of turbulence). Now I'm thinking that maybe that's not
what I wanted. My problem now is not so much that I don't know how to
create what I want, as that I don't know what I want. Suggestions are
welcome.

2. I'm not sure exactly how to place the creature. For one thing I
remembered the numbers for the golden section wrong :-P but I'm not sure
whether to center just the creature on the magic spot, or center the whole
creature-cupola unit on it. I tried it the first way, then the second, and
now I'm leaning toward centering just the creature on it. Comments?

3. What else is wrong that I don't see? :-) I'm starting to feel good about
this image again, which means that its time for someone to put me in my
place. ;-)

William

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: